• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Install instructions - TNT Inner SB Brace...?

JNickel101

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah, ok, dumba$$ question, but anyone have install instructions for the inner brace/mount? I'm looking at the box of stuff I got and scratching my head...how am i supposed to get the "crush sleeves" in there?

BTT - seriously, no one? I know its easier than I'm making it out to be, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something....

Thx

BTT - seriously, no one? I know its easier than I'm making it out to be, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something....

Thx

Crush sleeves? best bet (I would assume) is through the holes in the front "frames," to brace the mounting holes for the cross-brace. If that makes any sense...

I'm picturing a "cross brace" that mounts to at least three holes on both rails, essentially an additional crossmember solely for the steering box?

Pretty sure you have to drill the SB bolt holes in the uniframe out until they fit those sleeves.

You don't mean the ones shown here, do you?
14sjjaf.jpg

I have the kit in the garage at home, but it's been a while since I looked at it.

Billy

Yes, that is the one...there are crush sleeves that came in the bag o' bolts....

Wouldn't drilling out the holes defeat the purpose of the crush sleeves? What would they be crushing against if they were drilled out to the same size?

Yes, that is the one...there are crush sleeves that came in the bag o' bolts....

Wouldn't drilling out the holes defeat the purpose of the crush sleeves? What would they be crushing against if they were drilled out to the same size?

I just wanted to make sure you meant the crush sleves in the bag and not the spacers welded to the plate (since they go "out" from the unibody" toward the steering box.)

I believe the sleeves crush against the new inner and outer plate, and "float" between the existing unibody.

EDIT: They should really be called "anti-crush sleeves" :)

Billy

Hmmm...interesting. :D

Thanks for clearing that up, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

If it's anything similar to C-ROKs, then you just dremel out the edges of the original SB bolt holes from the outside of the frame rail just enough to slide the spacers in. They shouldn't be able to pop out the other side (factory has spacers in there to begin with) since you haven't touched the inside.

Make sense?

Thats perfect, thanks so much! I was hoping they'd send instructions along with their product, but you saved me the trouble of calling them up :)

If it's anything similar to C-ROKs, then you just dremel out the edges of the original SB bolt holes from the outside of the frame rail just enough to slide the spacers in. They shouldn't be able to pop out the other side (factory has spacers in there to begin with) since you haven't touched the inside.

Make sense?
That is the correct method!Its still better if you can weld them in.Plus the sleeves I got were pretty "cheasy",go get some heavy wall DOM.

Back