• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 60's Or build my axles

go1lum

NAXJA Forum User
I have found a pair of dana 60's that have been shortened for a jeep. They have either 4.56 or 488 i can't remember exactly. They already have disk brake conversion and the rear has an aussie locker. The guy wants 1200 for them. Or would i be better off buying some gears, and lockers for my 8.25/D30. I only plan on running 33's.

If you only plan on running 33's keep your stock axles. You will be hard pressed to break the stock axles on 33's, driving within reason, and within their limits.

With 60's you will lose alot of ground clearance and for 33's it is just not worth it.

-Alex

$1200 for a 60 front and rear with a locker and gears and narrowed to fit?

If you have the money go with the 60. Front 60's go for more then that around here with stock gears and in need of a rebuild.

I went to 1 tons after getting tired of replacing broken axle parts in my D30/35 running 33" tires.

If you only plan on running 33's keep your stock axles. You will be hard pressed to break the stock axles on 33's, driving within reason, and within their limits.

With 60's you will lose alot of ground clearance and for 33's it is just not worth it.

-Alex

Agreed, 60s would be rock magnets on even 35" tires. If it were me though id buy them in a heart beat for a rainy day :D

I think you should keep your axles........and give me the guys phone number with the 60's.

:D

Mattyj is just trying to rip you off. Those axles need a thorough inspection before purchase. Give me the POC info, I will ask all the right questions, even fly up to look at them if need be and make sure they are a good deal for you. If the axles are not what you need I will make sure you dont get stuck with a bad deal.

John

60's FTW

Mattyj is just trying to rip you off. Those axles need a thorough inspection before purchase. Give me the POC info, I will ask all the right questions, even fly up to look at them if need be and make sure they are a good deal for you. If the axles are not what you need I will make sure you dont get stuck with a bad deal.

John

A scholar and a gentleman John.

thefinger.gif

Back