• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

strange dipstick reading....

mrtosh

NAXJA Forum User
Soo while. Spraying my intake/exhaust bolts with some PB Blaster getting ready to do the APN header swap I decided to check my oil. Pulled the dipstick and the oil was half way up the stick. Checked it probably 20 more times. If you put it in and remove it fast it reads normal. Let it sit it's half way up the stick again. Here's the weird part the oilis on both sides of the stick up to the full line past thay it's only on the front... Almost like there's oil accumulating in the bend of the dipstick tube. Oil looks fine. No sludge, no milkyness, no oil in coolant. Runs fine with good oil pressure. I did switch it over to Max Life synthetic blend about 2000 miles ago but don't see how that could matter. Anybody else find this odd or have had this happen? Could the oil be wicking up the tube? This never happened with dino oil...

Does sound odd but I still use "fossil" oil in mine. Generally, when I check the oil I remove the stick, wipe and then put it back in and immediately remove it to check. Sounds to me like you're OK.

I never get any strange readings with my oil but always get strange readings with my transmission fluid.

Not that this helps you any but...thought I'd mention it.

Back