• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Bumper Design (pics)

DanMan2k06

NAXJA Forum User
So I've recently been designing a new bumper, after being inspired by AJ's latest one in the picture section. And after nailing a deer last night I think it's a perfect time to give the jeep a facelift.

It will have 2 hella 500's mounted up top, along with 4 blazer (corvette) projector foglights along the bottom. Since it's non-winch, it is not as deep as the one AJ created. Also, the passenger side mounting bracket is an exact replica of the driver's side. I didn't have the measurements so I just copied and pasted. Recovery plans are still up in the air as well, so let the criticism fly.

Bumper2.jpg

Bumper1.jpg

Bumper4.jpg

Bumper3.jpg

Man, that is an AWESOME design, great work

looks good, Would be cool too if the 4 fogs were removable or whatever to accomadate a fairlead/winch...

I like it though!

Hey, kind of random here... but you wouldn't happen to own/have owned a blue nac's 452ex at one point, did ya? that house/background looks EXACTLY like in pictures i remember seeing years ago on exriders.com...

Nice lookin jeep regardless :)

there was a family that lived in there before us. the kid that lived there before was the same age as me. its possible that he had one. but not me

gotcha. just looked real familiar, and i LOVED that quad heh.

Thanks for the comments. A winch is out of the question, too heavy, gets beat in the weather, and basically I wouldn't use one enough to put it up front. I am considering a receiver though. I think when I build the bumper I'm going to remodel and beef up the front crossmember as well.

I'm still debating whether or not to add d-rings. If I did a receiver I could just pop in a trailer ball style ring when needed. I think it looks a little sleeker without the permanent rings.

wow, ya didn't list cost as a reason for no winch...must be nice... ;) just kidding. fair enough though, if you don't need one, you don't need one. No sense in having it if your wheeling doesn't require it

DanMan: You should be fine using the drivers bracket on the pass side. You just won't use all the holes.

And I do love the bumper, but I couldn't imagine going to all that work, and not incorporating some sort of recovery point.

No matter how good it looks without one.

$.02

Robert

Yea it's definitely going to get a recovery point. Just haven't decided whether to do a receiver, d-rings, or both. I'm leaning more towards the receiver so I can make a license plate mount, just in case the 5-0 give me trouble for it.

Yea it's definitely going to get a recovery point. Just haven't decided whether to do a receiver, d-rings, or both. I'm leaning more towards the receiver so I can make a license plate mount, just in case the 5-0 give me trouble for it.

I'd do both personally. The hitch is nice because you can always add a winch up front. And the d-rings are nice because it allows you to angle things more with the strap, or even double up. Worst case senerio, if you REALLY don't like the d-rings after you do it, I'm sure you can hack them off and cover them up pretty easily. Also, adding d-rings will almost force you to build strong recovery points.

Just my 2 cents though.

~Scott

Back