• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a new rear seat.

Nova Wake

NAXJA Forum User
Well long story short i need a new rear seat in my 95 sport. Anyway i have searched either im tired or doing it wrong but what year/s seats will fit, can i just take any Year? or does it have 2 be specific? Also what should i expect to pay if i find a junk yard and tell them i wanna pull it myself? Also what other interior parts should i keep an eye out for? besides my missing cup holder.

The rear seats will interchange from your 95 all the way to 01 or even later years if you wanted one out of say a 91 up. The rear seats revove by the lower seat coming out frist via the release latch and then simply lifting the seat out. The upper portion of the rear seat is held in by 2 (one on each side) 15mm bolts. A rachet wrench is a great tool for quicker removal of these. If not availabe, a simple open or box end wrench works well too. taht is it as far as the rear seat removal, simply reverse those directions for installation of a new set. If by chance you do the front seats, remember that the 97-01 seats wont work w/o some modification to the front seat rail mounts in the 95 and older XJ's. 96 models were the bastard years and will accept the 97 up seats/mounts. I haev teh 97-up interior in my 93 and I had to fab up the front seat mounts out of square tubing. Not too difficult, but still not just a bolt in item.

Back