• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RR Steering Setup Question.

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have had my Steering setup for a little over a month now, and i must say that I love it! i know alot of people hate the inverted T setup but compared to stock, mine handles great. Now i have been going through some issues with my steering wheel being upside down, and so tonight i tackled that and twisted the draglink till the wheel was centered. ok cool, so now here is my problem. Look below.
SteeringProb.jpg

The problem is, when i went to untighten the adjusting nuts on the tie rod side (arrow in red) of the draglink, some how when i went to go tighten everything back up is hitting the adjusting nut on the tie rod (the yellow arrow). I can turn the adjusting nut on the draglink very little and its only the very tip of it that comes in contact with the other adjusting nut on the tie rod. Now I know that i can simply pull the draglink off the tie rod and adjust it up but i DO NOT have a pickle fork or a tie rod end puller and was wondering..is there any ofther way that i can create enough room between the drag link and tie rod so that i can twist the adjusting nut up away from the other adjusting nut on the tie rod so that i can finish the job?>

Man,someone dumb enough to buy both the steering and the trackbar,WOW!!

Last edited:
Ok......for the past month. everything has been fine. it was only tonight that this happened. Im not sure how it happened, but it did. I loosened the adjusting nuts started to spin the draglink to center the steering wheel and went to tighten the adjusting nuts up, and the outer adjusting nut on the draglink is hitting the very tip of the inner adjusting nut on the tie rod. Im trying to figure out a way other than taking to draglink off to adjust the nuts on the draglink.

Man,someone dumb enough to buy both the steering and the trackbar,WOW!!

I don't need anyone's chit. If you can't answer my question, **********

dont mind rcp. he is known for not being the most polite person here. and while i am addressing the issue, mind your language. coming off the wall like that will rarely get you answers.

Now I know that i can simply pull the draglink off the tie rod and adjust it up but i DO NOT have a pickle fork or a tie rod end puller and was wondering..is there any ofther way that i can create enough room between the drag link and tie rod so that i can twist the adjusting nut up away from the other adjusting nut on the tie rod so that i can finish the job?>

you dont need a tre puller to get it off. to take the TRE off of the nuckle you can try the following: remove the cotter pin. back the nut off to where it is flush with the end of the threaded portion of the tre. smack with a hammer. the tre should come free of the knuckle and be kept from falling to the ground by the nut. finish removing the nut and your good to go. make the adjustments needed and reattatch as before.

hth

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need anyone's chit. If you can't answer my question, then don't post.
Hey,youve been on here 3+ yrs,you should no whats recommended and NOT.

thanks alot man, i don't know why i didn't think of that. Sorry about the language, but i knew something like that was going to happen.

hey, no prob. ive been there done that before. and people have graciously pointed out an easier way for me to do something many times before

Back