• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do i need with this stroker setup?

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
I got this info off of ajeepthing.com
4.5L Low-buck simple stroker

~ Jeep 4.2L 3.895" stroke crank
~ Jeep 4.2L 5.875" rods
~ Jeep 4.0L 3.875" standard bore pistons
9.7:1 CR
~ CompCams #68-231-4 206/214 degree camshaft
~ Ported HO 1.91"/1.50" cylinder head
~ Stock 0.051" head gasket
~ 0.081" quench height
~ Ford 24lb/hr injectors with adjustable FPR or MAP adjuster for '87-'95 engines, Ford 24lb/hr injectors with stock 49psi FPR for '96 and later engines
~ 260hp @ 4850rpm, 321lbft @ 3500rpm

what else do i need mwith this to make it work? i looked on the compcams website and it says you cannot use the stock springs with that cam? just curious if there is anything else that is left out fo this list?

Bearings for cam, crank, rods, a pilot bearing/bushing for the crank, piston rings, lifters for the cam, new pushrods and rocker assemblies are rec'd. If that cam's lift is >.43", then get the p5249464 springs w/ associated retainers and keepers. New manifold combo gasket, maybe a new oil pump, maybe new head bolts, and . . .

that is alot of stuff. maybe i'll just start with the bottom end in throw the 4.2 crank in. what will i need just for that to work? and what benifits will i get out of just the crank?

I would deck the block. I am running .058 quench and can run regular gas with an over 10:1 compression.

You need a good machinist that understands jeep strokers. Read up on the stroker stuff, there's a list at yahoo groups, and there's some online sites. Quench is the distance from the top of the piston at TDC to the head, too much and you get pinging, too little and you get an interference fit. :) You can adjust it with different headgaskets, but the best way to go is to have the block properly machined for your rod/piston/crank combo.

You cant just use the crank without changing the rods as well. It is but its not, as simple as just removing old crank, installing 4.2 crank. You should do new bearings, with the right clearances set. You need the longer rods, thats essentially what makes it the stroker, is the longer stroke. Thats what

4.0= bore 3.88x stroke 3.41
4.2=bore 3.75x stroke 3.9

means. Seriously, go to jeepstrokers.com and dont post, just read for a while. All those lists of stroker build sheets were created by a member there. It serves as a basis of formulas, not a list in entirety

Back