• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy a stroker??

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
I want a new engine for my xj, the one in it is in good running condition but is getting old and tire and i need more power. i want something that will be an easy, drop in install. i was thinking of a couple options.
1- buy a stroker.... drop it in.
2- have the engine rebuilt as a stroker(but i think that will be expensive)

i am concerned with buying the strokers that are cheaper(1500-2500) because i'm assuming they may be lower quality parts put into them and whatnot.

National 4wd will build you one however they are about $3000.00 and that doesn't include any labour - good quality from what I hear though.

Search around, I definately think I saw a company who had a stroker in the 2000-3000 range, I think they were based in ME, but it could have been NH. I just remember looking into it myself because it was relatively inexpensive (I think it was in the 2000-2500 range after core return, but not sure) and they delieved to MA free of charge I think. I will look around myself, see if I can come up with something.

Golen or Hesco both build great strokers and they warrenty their stuff too.

jeepstrokers.com

I would take a poke around at that sight and kind of explore your options of build vs. buy. Personally, I would just source the parts and build one, or have your machine shop build it for you. That way you know what parts are going into it, and I doubt its gonna cost much more than if you bought one prebuilt, had it shipped in, ship your core out, then ship the stroker back out because it needed warranty work!!!!

Back