• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Right side lower kick panels

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
I have been searching and can't find a thing about this. I am building a 97+ MJ. The stock lower kick panels in the 89 have groves cut into them like this,

100_2291.jpg

Because I am using all the wiring out of the 97 XJ it brings me to my problem. The 97 has the fuse panel located in the lower right kick panel. Where the 89 had it under the left side of the dash. The 97+ kick panels do not have the groves like the 89 does.

Is there any year (95-96 maybe?) XJ that has the fuse box located in the lower left kick panel and does it have the groves molded into like the one above?

If not I will need to modify the 97 panel.

Not sure what the problem is. You're swapping '97 stuff into a '97 and want '89 kick panels? Are you concerned about the lower rear section, where it fits under the door sill trim here?
2008-12-30_104348.jpg

I bet you could just notch/score the ones you have, right where the grooves line up. The grooves won't continue up the panel, but they'd prolly fit.
Has your search included the jy?

I'm at work, so i can't view the pics you posted, but here's a (bad) pic of my fusebox:
2893897416_3e088b06ae.jpg

Does that help you any?

Yeah, it is up under the dash beside the column from the looks of things. Oh well, looks like I will be modifing mine.

Thanks Alpha.

Back