• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Next?

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I know this thread comes up every few days likely but I'd like serious opinions and reasons on next mods.

I just bought a 92 XJ with D44/D30. They are geared 4.56 with a 6.5" Rusty's LA lift and rear Aussie locker and Alloy USA Shafts. It has the Rusty's HD Tierod, Rusty's winch bumper, front adjustable trackbar, Daystar tube rear bumper to match rusty's front. already has some fender trimming to fit 35's, a solid front diff cover. I think thats about it for my mods. I am thinking for cheap mods I am going to do a 1st Gear lock out, of course install my CB, cut the rear quarter panels a little, and re enforce my rear bumper

for large $$ mods I want Chromo front shafts, an aussie up front, rock rails (already coming for my BDay 1 Feb), a winch and some frame stiffeneing work.

So what else and why and what would you do first and why?

Wheel the crap out of it......

Well I plan on wheeling it. This is not my first rig nor my first XJ. My last rig was a built TJ but my old XJ was stock except 3" lift and 31's. First impressions on the Rusty's lift is so so. The rear leafs don't flex at all but I have not wheeled it yet therefor have not disconnected the front swaybar, but on road manners are unbelievable

Just food-for-thought. When I bought my XJ this February, it was bone stock. I put a Rubicon Express 4 1/2" super flex lift on it. I was trying to be conservative. Yeah!! So now it's about 7" in the air and I wished I had gone with the long arm kit.

Point being; save up and buy the RE system you want. Sorry, it's not cheap. But you will kick yourself in the ass later when you want to go bigger and better. Like me!!

Wheeled it this weekend. Flexed great and rode great. First impressions offroad are good. I am going to enjoy this rig. PIX to follow

OK been wheeling the bejesus out of my rig. Since I got it you saw it's original state. So far I have added a rear bumper, AJ's rock sliders, a Smittybilt 8000 winch, I trimmed some additional sheet metal, ordered hood vents, spaced the hood, removed the factory hood liner and hood seal, added CB, ordered hood pins, got Solid front and rear covers, added offroad lights, added rock lights, and a small array of tools.

I will continue wheeling it as it builds. Any suggestions on future plans?

Is that a bolt in Mod? I wouldn't imagine it is. I will either go with that or a Tera4-1

Back