• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odd renix wiring ?'s

muddshutter

NAXJA Forum User
So i took my 88 MJ and put on the nose of a 98 on it. I wired it and now i have a few problems.

press on the brake and the front markers and inside gauge lights go on

turn on my lights and i get no directional signals in the front

i keep blowing my 15 amp fuse for gauge lights

i know i need to go back in and try it again, but i was so darn careful when i was installing, that's why i am dumbfounded.

u crossed the wiring for tail and signal lights, and swopped the front signals from rear.

brown = tail lights
green - signal
yellow - signal
but u need to find the proper signal wires that should go to the front, they work diff from the back ones but are the same colors.

I will pull off the nose again, a big pain in the azz, and check them out. I am going to first, disconnect the front light harness and check out a few things to isolate the problem to that. Then i will attempt to fix the problem.

Did you change the harness out for the "new" one that came with the front end? If so, then why not go back to the old harness, and just splice in the bulb holders IF needed? It is possible that the harness pins are in different locations from each other, model year to model year.

Back