• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S-10 leaves 2wd 0r 4wd

95meangreen

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at making a bastard pack out of s 10 leaf spring is see that everyone uses 2wd springs is there any difference between the 2wd or 4wd? and if there is which will give me more lift and how much thanks!

i used chevy 3/4 ton springs(3) and matched to the main leaf of XJ.
as for the s10, i belive the 4x4 are more arced.

TheBlackSheep said:
I am looking at making a bastard pack out of s 10 leaf spring is see that everyone uses 2wd springs is there any difference between the 2wd or 4wd? and if there is which will give me more lift and how much thanks!

we used the leaves out of a 4wd s-10 blazer. you've seen matts (rredalty) rig haven't you? all his rear lift is accomplished with the main leaf out of a blazer pack, the second leaf will give you about 3 inches. do a search on the 11$ bastard pack its a pretty decent writeup using dakota springs

edit: haha i just noticed the 11$ leaf pack writeup m ade it back to the first page, its a few posts down :D

shortxjdoug said:
we used the leaves out of a 4wd s-10 blazer. you've seen matts (rredalty) rig haven't you? all his rear lift is accomplished with the main leaf out of a blazer pack, the second leaf will give you about 3 inches. do a search on the 11$ bastard pack its a pretty decent writeup using dakota springs

edit: haha i just noticed the 11$ leaf pack writeup m ade it back to the first page, its a few posts down :D

Yeah i printed it out haha that what i am using but im going junkyard shopping so i was just wondering which i should be looking for but matts only got a 3in? i remember it being taller that that but i just wanted like 4 or 5 ins but i have 2in spacers and shackles so that should work thanks!

I have the main leaf in there and got around 4-5 out of it. The second leaf will give you 3" like Doug said.

two questions, why do they have to be out of a spring under vehicle, and if i am swapping ina 14bff can i still use my bastard pack, even though it will be spring over???

radardog said:
two questions, why do they have to be out of a spring under vehicle, and if i am swapping ina 14bff can i still use my bastard pack, even though it will be spring over???
Spring under has more bow, I believe. I was wonder if it mattered what S-10 they came from also. We have an S-10 junkyard near me so I should have no problem finding the right ones.

ok cool, i was thinking about that while i was driving aroundt town, and the only reason i could come up with is that spring under would have to have more arch in order to acheive the same ride height.

so thank you for clarifying that for me...

now if i have this straight if i put the s-10 main leaf under my xj main, then alternat the remaining s-10 and xj leaves then i shuld get like 4 to 4.5 inches?

radardog said:
ok cool, i was thinking about that while i was driving aroundt town, and the only reason i could come up with is that spring under would have to have more arch in order to acheive the same ride height.

so thank you for clarifying that for me...

now if i have this straight if i put the s-10 main leaf under my xj main, then alternat the remaining s-10 and xj leaves then i shuld get like 4 to 4.5 inches?
That was my other question. Some places I read say 2"s other say up to 4's or more. I think it depends on leafs you use. I'm still researching.

Take the top XJ leaf only, cut the eyes off the s10 pack, and bolt the whole thing with overload leaf under the XJ top leaf. Done for 4", and a 2" shackles for 6"

Back