• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep has no life

Aaron21

NAXJA Forum User
I went out to start me jeep today and when I turned the key there is nothing. It is a brand new battery in the jeep. i went and moved the battery cables around and checked the battery but still nothing. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Do you have a volt meter? Check for 12V across the battery terminals. Check the other end of the ground cable, make sure it didn't break or anything.

I know this may sound really stupid, but I have heard of leaving the plastic terminal caps on before.

I have put the battery on the charger and it says that it is good. The battery is less than six months old. My jeep was running last week and then it got really cold here in montana so it has not run. But when I went to start is today nothing happens.

Did you check both ends of the ground cable? Maybe the positive cable under the insulation or something along those lines? Main fuse in the fuse box? Beyond that, I'm not sure.

CLEAN the battery cables/posts until shiny with steel wool/emery cloth/equivalent. Moving them around may not be enough. Freshen/clean grounds as already mentioned. This still sounds like it possibly is a connection issue.

Back