• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

grand cherokee seats

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
Understand vaguely that those nice powered and electric leather Grand Cherokee front and rear seats will fit all model years of the XJ ?-Also how difficult of a time-frame removal and re- installation process is involved-Anyone have any advice or suggestions ?-TIA
bxj

I'm thinking of this mod myself

Just to have the electric? Or because they are more comfortable?

..Did a search before posting and did'nt find too much information on subject-I always do a search here in the archives before useing the NAXJA forum-Can you or anyone else suggest any other different search terms-My current seats are manuall operated and plaid cloth-This would be something of a cost-efficient upgrade if possible .
Just thinking of pulling some seats off a salvage while there is a little break in the weather-My current seats are really worn-out and the salvage vehicle's seats seem to be in some reasonable shape-I'm just worried that the seats won't fit without some modification, they seem to sit pretty high in the interior space-TIA
bxj

rredalty did this mod some time ago, but I don't recall what year the rig was. He also works in an upholstery shop so he may have a little more insight. If you search under his name, he might have done a write-up.

I just did this mod over the weekend. I can try to answer any questions that you have. I can say that in all that I had read about doing this mod, I was not quite prepared for how difficult it would be. Not that it was impossible, just that it took a lot longer than I had anticipated.

Depends on the the donor seat options, and how much you want the electrics to work...

When I swapped out the seats in my '98 XJ for '02 Grand Seats, I was on the look out for the "Laredo" package seats. Though they are electric, the key feature on the Laredo package seats is that the seat back recline is operated by a manual lever, just like the XJ seats. So, you won't have to wire up the seat recline adjust switch as there is none...

Once I got the donor seats, I removed the stock ones; removed the seat rails and swapped them onto the donor seats. Whole process took less than an hour.

Keep the wiring harness for the switch plug on the donor seats at they could come in handy. I hooked up my garage door opener to one of the seat switches. I plan to use the other for other switch points for rock lights and such...

Back