• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Issue

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Been searching and reading for almost 2 hours now on my steering issues. 2001 XJ 3.5" of lift
and 32" tires. The XJ steering seems very lazy and pulls to the right and feels like I'm fighting the wheel constantly wonders around alot.. The worse the crown of the road is of course the worse it pulls. I feel like I'm always turning left , it seems to be this way in city or highway driving. I recently changed axle ujoints and rebuilt the track bar with no help. I had it in for an alignment caster is 6.38 on drivers side and 6.8 on passenger side, shop said it was with in specs and did not change it. Toe was at 1/2 degree in. I had this same lift with 31's and didn't seem to have the issue, trimmed the fenders and went to 32" tires and now it has this issue. Have stock UCA's and LCA's, adjustable track bar. The Jeep only has 48,000 miles on it. Balljoints, tierods and hub bearings appear to be in good shape. Any ideas. I have a set of fixed lower arms that measure 16.25" long waiting to be installed, been trying to figure my issue first. Any help is appreciated.

Back