• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing Gauges in Stock Cluster?

Magus2727

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the gauges in the stock instrament gauge cluster can be removed and an Autometer (does not have to be an autometer gauge but a similar size and style) gauge can replace it?

I.E. can I replace the water temp gauge with a new gauge (aftermarket) or Oil Pressure, Voltage and such?

I have access to a 45 watt lazer cutter that should be able to cut the plastic with perfict acuracy if need be. I think my water temp gauge is bad but every thing else works fine. so I dont want to replace the whole thing and worry about the trip being off and documenting it and getting a JY cluster and having other things be bad....

Thanks for the help!

People have talked about it and tried, there are some threads here on it although I'm too tired to go looking for them.

IIRC, the gauges in the factory console are only about 3/4 the size of the autometer type stuff, and there isn't room for a replacement guage.

You could just replace the temp gauge and not the whole cluster.

Back