• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replaced clutch - now won't start - HELP

javashack

NAXJA Forum User
96, 5-spd

OK. I replaced the clutch and tightened everything back up - lowered it off the stands, and went to take it for a test spin. NO start. Getting fuel to the rail, checked the cap & rotor - OK. It turns over but it never sounds like it wants to run. I even tried to bump start it - no go.

I have always been able to start it in gear so I don't think there's sensor to look at.

Battery is OK - good speed when cranking

What should I look at first? Solenoid? injectors? ground? HELP

Make sure that the CPS is plugged in. The CPS is that sensor on the upper driver's side of the bellhousing, plugs into a connector hanging near the rear of the fuel rail.

Yup - the CPS isconnected - I even checked the voltage - as I saw in another post - it's good.
I pulled the plug off the coil - kind of corroded. going to get a new one. Be back soon - anyone with anyother thoughts - let me know.

thx

yeah, I would be 99.9% sure you damaged the CPS when you did the clutch - the are pretty fragile to say the least - the main thing is to take it off FIRST then do all the other work then put it back on LAST that way it isnt around when you are yanking and or pushing around the trans lining it up

Had the same problem with mine... glad you got it figured out :)

Back