• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auxiliary Lighting

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to install a pair of driving lights onto a warrior products front bumper. I am willing to spend maybe a little less that $100.
If you guys have any brands, lights, anything that you recomend, tell me about them Maybe some pics too if your up to it.

I have had I'd dayliters, vella 500ff's and pro comp long range lights...the Hellas have treated me really well on my bumper so far and they were only 65 bucks at walmart for the whole kit of 2. I didn't use the wire and swith tho. Both my kc's when I had them on my bumper leaked an I had tothrow them out. The pro comps I got for 25 a peice and my only complaint aboutthem is the finish is not as durable. Hope this helps

G

I have a set of Pro-Comps on mine that are pretty nice. I have heard the Lightforce ones are great but I do not have any experience with them. The Pro-Comps I have are the 7" ones not the smaller cheap ones.

if you get a set of lights that has a 55W H3 bulb in it, i would recommend swapping the bulb for a 100W H3. they are available at almost any auto parts stores either with the headlights or with the fog/driving light kits. i noticed a large improvement when i did mine

I have the lightforce 170's and god said let there be LIGHT!
they are bright, focusable and the warranty is really good. after breaking the housing on one, I called the place I got them from, a full new set were in the mail next day, at my door within the week.
they are plastic tho, so much lighter than normal lights, but if beat on they will break.

I'd recommend the IPF 968 lights or KC Slimlites, but they're over $100. For something cheap, look at the Hella 500s, or the Hella 500FF. The 500FF are usually only $5-10 more and have a better reflector to focus the light better.

I need suggest, though.. That if you haven't done it already, upgrade your headlights first. Why spend the money on lights you can only use a small part of your driving, when you can spend the $100 on a nice set of headlights? For $100, you can get a pair of the Hella Vision Plus headlights, which convert to the H4 bulb and euro-style housing. Way brighter than the lousy stock Wagner lights or any other sealed-beam bulb.

I'd recommend the IPF 968 lights or KC Slimlites, but they're over $100. For something cheap, look at the Hella 500s, or the Hella 500FF. The 500FF are usually only $5-10 more and have a better reflector to focus the light better.

I need suggest, though.. That if you haven't done it already, upgrade your headlights first. Why spend the money on lights you can only use a small part of your driving, when you can spend the $100 on a nice set of headlights? For $100, you can get a pair of the Hella Vision Plus headlights, which convert to the H4 bulb and euro-style housing. Way brighter than the lousy stock Wagner lights or any other sealed-beam bulb.

+1 on everything here. I have autopal H4 e-code headlights which are much better than stock, plus I just got IPF968CS lights for Xmas. They are around $150 but the light output is great, even with the 55w bulbs. They came with 100w bulbs as well, so I'll have to put those in and try em out.

Back