• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" BB on top of old 3" lift

Scooterchris05@com

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guy's got a question. My 94 is in the need of a bit more lift. It has a 3" lift w/ aal in the rear. I was thinking of using RC 2" BB with rear shakles. I have seen them for less then 100 on EBay. I have new ProComp shocks on it that will cover the extra lift. An extended SS rear brake line installed allready. Pretty sure I will have to drop front brake lines with some short lines. I figured I will need a bitmore TC drop possibly, and a new Adj. trac bar. I am not looking to buy new control arms I just replaced all the bushings, so I was going to use some control arm drop brackets if handleing is really bad. Missing anything? I know a SYE would prob. be a good idea, but as of now funds are tight. Then again the TC will be coming out for a rebuild and would be a great time for it. Just thinking and will have to check. Any reason a driveshaft from an FullSize Jeep would not work? I will have to crawl under mine. Dam this is long. What do yall think? Oh yeah 33x10.5 BFG MT? Thanks..:worship:

I did the same thing with Rusty's BB. Shackle/spacer. Needed a longer rear brake line, moved the fronts down. Already had 1 " TC drop and rear shim, it works for now. SYE in the spring. Definately needed an adjustable trac bar, it's really noticable at that point. And I did longer control arms as well, didn't like how close the rear of the front tire sat to the edge of the wheel well. Trimming can help that. And you will need to trim for 33s. Trimming will be the factor for tire sizes over 31". And don't forget gearing...

Never heard of anyone using a FSJ driveshaft, a front XJ shaft is much more common. Measurements would have to be taken on your rig and the FSJ shaft.

Thanks. So some guys have used a front DS on the rear after an SYE. Interesting.

I have 2 of my XJ's set up with XJ front shafts and one with a Tom Woods, 2 of which are trail rigs(one has the TW and the other is stock front shaft) and the other one is a DD that see's plenty of heavy towing(3K bass boat) and highways speeds when not towing(65-75). I have never had a issue with the front shafts.

Knowing what I know now about the strength of the front shaft I probably would have never spent the extra money on the TW, and no offense to Tom, his shafts are tough as they come but are pricey for a trail rig that most likely will get bent or ground by a rock.

Back