• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Long arm install problems

kastin

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone installed the RE XJ long arm system?

ive followed the instructions perfectly, and putting the crossmember back on it bolts up fine with the unibody, but the 2 flat head screws into the long arm mounts on each side dont match up..., then if i install 1 side ie long arm screws and unibody bolts the other side doesn't match up at all? doesn;t seem to make sense..

CHeers
Jon

I just finished mine last weekend, didnt have any problems with those bolts though. If you could post some pics I will gladly try to help you figure it out.

OK

the bolts in blue line up on both sides no worries, but the bolts that go into the long arm mounts are out by about 3 mm,

when i bolt 1 side up both {red and blue bolts} on the other side of the car nothing lines up.. i dont get it..

crossmember.jpg

3mm isnt much. Just tweek it a little till they line up. Could be anything to slight differences in mfr'ing, your jeep parked on un-even ground, something got bent, etc.

~James

How tight are those bolts in blue? I have no experience with the long arm kit. But a lot of suspension stuff, especially bracketry that has lots of bolts, you want to make sure that all the bolts are in hand tight before you tighten any of them with the wrench. Just make sure you start all of them before tigthening any of them down. I'm guessing you tigthened the ones in blue before you got the red ones started. This is bad.

Unless you install this stuff on a Jeep straight off the showroom floor you are going to have alignment issues. Some worse than others but that depends on how hard the rig was driven prior to install. Some people get lucky and have no issues. I had to tweak my BDS stuff a little bit. I just left everything loose till I got all bolts started. Good luck and enjoy your longarm!!:patriot:

Back