• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Problem!!!!

bobzim

NAXJA Forum User
i put new brake lines on and went to bleed the brakes and started from back worked my way to the drivers front in the correct order and im gettin new air coming out just fluid but the pedal is not gettin any firmer. I think it might possibly be the master cylinder but dont no what to look for or what the signs are that the master cylinder went bad. if i pump it real fast it builds pressure then its gone.

i put new brake lines on and went to bleed the brakes and started from back worked my way to the drivers front in the correct order and im gettin new air coming out just fluid but the pedal is not gettin any firmer. I think it might possibly be the master cylinder but dont no what to look for or what the signs are that the master cylinder went bad. if i pump it real fast it builds pressure then its gone.

which brake lines did you replace? the fronts? rears? one front one rear? did you add brake fluid to the brake fluid reservoir after bleeding each corner? which lines have air coming out? are you on a somewhat level surface when bleeding you lines?:dunno: need some specifics please.

i replaced the front driver and passenger. i made sure to keep the reservior above the add line at all time so it would not suck air. i got no air in the lines when bleeding them its all fluid coming out of each line thats why didnt know if it was the master cylinder that went bad and caused the problem.

Still air in system, try a gravity bleed of rears then fronts. Do a search on gravity bleeding. Takes a little while but works well. Or make your own pressure bleeder from a garden sprayer, some hose and fittings and a spare MC cap. there's a write up or two on here about that too.

Back