• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

floor repair..

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
so i finally stripped out the interior and fixed all the rust spots on the floor. i wire wheeled, sanded, patched the small holes, sprayed rust converter stuff, and now i dunno what to cover it with :dunno:. ive read some people talkin about herculiner and the plasticoat from walmart but am wondering if somethin else will inhibit the rust a lil better. i really dont wanna hafta do this again in a couple years. oh, and does anyone know where i can find some rubber plugs for the drain holes? HD only has the metal ones and they suck!! last time i used them they were rusty in like 2 months....

oh, the other thing i was reading about online was maybe a professional grade paint with sand added to it for the non-slip...but i wasnt really sure how that would hold up with water if i wanted to hose it out....i dunno...HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

Dude, Hurculiner... have you ever seen it in action? It's like coating your floor in 1/4" of solid rubber. As long as you apply it right I couldn't ever imagine it rusting (unless from the underside up) I can't think of anything else more durable.

Back