• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanting to run 35's

Green Shortbus

NAXJA Forum User
Is 6.5 of lift enough to run 35's? I have a set of 33's right now that do not scrub at all. The fender are cut front and rear. The reason for wanting to go bigger is the dana 60 in the rear drags because of lack of clearence.

the rear does a little but not bad. but its sagged to about 4.5" of lift tho. if your willing to trim alot and add bumpstops you could put 37s on 6.5 lift.

but if your running a dana 60 then you have full width axles, that might cause a problem. but 35s and a little bumpstops should be fine in your case. but i'd like for some others to chime in to make sure i'm right.

i have right at 7 inches of lift and a lot of cutting and same wheel specs as the guy above and it rubs a little on the control arms - rear touches wheel wells a little and same with front at full stuff but i have no bumpstops really, long arms and full size leaf packs so it is not all xj specific stuff - the 3.75 bs is awesome and really made the rubbing on the control arms a small issue

overall u are going to be ok but trimming and bumpstops are going to be your friend unless u want to do some major body mods

3.5" of lift and 35's.

Yeah I bought the XJ like this. It is already geared to 4.56 with a 3 to 1 atlas transfercase so gears will not be a issue. We went to Aetna on Dec. 20 and it was real sloppy. The 33 goodyear mtr did not do real good when it was that wet. I wanted to put a set of 35x12.50 swamper ltb on it and did not want it to rub real bad.

when did they start making a 35x12.50 LTB?
They started shipping the last week of September. I love mine!
I'm at 6.5 inches, trimmed bigtime and they stuff up in there very nicely. Although, I have a 2 door and my rears are opened up much larger than any 4 door can get away with without custom tubs and the axle moved back.

Is 6.5 of lift enough to run 35's? I have a set of 33's right now that do not scrub at all. The fender are cut front and rear. The reason for wanting to go bigger is the dana 60 in the rear drags because of lack of clearence.
More than enough. Search around in the pic forum, there's lots of guys with 35s, most at lower lift than you. For what it's worth, the only reason I'm on 33s instead of 35s is because 35s are too expensive for my blood and I got hooked by a fellow NAXJAer with a great deal on the 33s I have right now.

the rear does a little but not bad. but its sagged to about 4.5" of lift tho. if your willing to trim alot and add bumpstops you could put 37s on 6.5 lift.

but if your running a dana 60 then you have full width axles, that might cause a problem. but 35s and a little bumpstops should be fine in your case. but i'd like for some others to chime in to make sure i'm right.

Why would full width cause a problem?

I know a guy running 35's with 3" of lift and it isn't trimmed anymore than any other XJ you see out there. He does have proper bumpstopping though, that is important for big tire size with small lift.

3", 37's

n42500460_31431254_8596.jpg

there is really no secret to it. 35's fit just fine on a 4.5" lift.

whether you have a 10" lift or a 3" lift, you will need to bumpstop just as much to keep the tires out of the fenders

No she is not a DD just a trailor queen because dont want to pay insurance on it. I just priced the 35 ltb and it was 192 each and was on back order. I may just stick with 33's and put weld on beadlocks. Has anybody used weld on beadlocks? If so did they leak are give any problems. I have also heard people screwing screws in their wheel and bead, but I really don't want to do this.

Back