• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you name

Monster XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought this jeep:rof: and im not sure what kind of lift it has i know it has around 6 inches of lift with no arms or trac bar or anything just springs and coils. Can you name these leaf springs? Ive had a couple buddy's look at them and no luck so far they are preaty stiff and thick. (just snapped a couple pics tonight ill get some better ones in the morn)
_3581.jpg

_3576.jpg

_3578.jpg
(i know new shackles needed)
_3579.jpg

Were did you buy it, if you got it at a dealer go back and get the name of the guy how traded it and give him a call.

Nope i bought it used off some guy who didnt know what kind of anything was on the jeep he bought it thinking he would get into rock crawling (he races baja and profesionaly fabricates) but never got into it, basicly his friend said buy this this and this and was helping him build it when he lost intrest and i bought it for 1500 it runs, has a brand new 242 transfercase, and came with an extra dana 30 and aw4. but its never been driven since he bought it. Sat in his backyard collected dust so he decided to sell it he even trailered it down to me ( and yes the front springs are also black ) i think it was a great deal... just needs lots and lots of work

Look to see if there is any writing near the bottom of the front coils. Rusty's labels their coils.

If there isn't a name on top of the leafs, it will be hard to tell, although if you can find out what the fronts are, chances are the rears will be the same brand....if you're lucky!

They 'look' exactly like the rear springs I got with my Clayton Longarm kit, and I think Clayton gets them from Rock crusher, or something like that. Its hard to tell just by looking at leafs, since they all look very similar, but they do look just like mine. And, they are for 6-6.5" of lift.

You see them here:

pixsrv.aspx

~James

Back