• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock wheel size and offset/backspacing?

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1984 jeep cherokee with stock wheels

they are the stock 10 spoked wheel.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onsightphotography/3046514079/

what are the size and offset/backspacing of these wheels.

my tires rub at full turn. i would like to know the offset so i know what size wheels to buy that will not rub if i get a chance to buy new wheels.

Most of the stockers are around the 5"-5.25" of Backspacing. I went to 33's and had rubbing on the control arms. I added some 1.25" spacers and that fixed the rubbing. I also had to trim some fender, but that wasn't a big deal.

so if stock is typically 5 to 5.25 back spacing and i want to push the wheels out more with out the use of spacers. i need to buy wheels with a lower number to push it out 4 to 4.25 to push it out 1 inch.

correct-- if you don't mind them farther out (laws vary by state) than a 3.75" B.S. will cure everything (with fender trimming), but if you've got to cover the tire with fender/ flare, I'd stick to about 4" B.S.

3.75" B.S. with 33"X 12.50 X 15"

007-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back