• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

are there any fake beadlock kits out ther? or DIY?

TwistedcaB

NAXJA Forum User
like the title says are there any kits or write ups on making my plain steel wheels like the crager street locks or any other fake bead lock wheels? if theres not a kit i have access to a Auto. Plasma machine. thanks

Dan

all that work, might as well make them REAL beadlocks

x2 on just make some real beadlocks. Or atleast make me some. :)

~Scott

haha. well i've heard that it's kinda hard to make them not leak on the DIY beadlocks and i'd rather not have to cut off the edge of my wheel. and idk how cali. is about having true beadlocks on the road even tho it's probally hard to tell the diff. now haha.

DIY4X.com offers rings that weld onto your rim to help fight denting the lips, I think they call they rock rings. I run DIY4Xs weld on bead locks, you do not do any cutting just weld the inner ring to the lip of the rim(fits down in the outer lip) I have had NO leaks(RVT is your friend here) and do NOT drive my xj on the street...andy miobi.org

no i dont need them. just like the look of them.

If you are simply going for looks, the easiest approach would be to buy stick-on rhinestones. From five feet away, they will surely look like beadlocks. Especially if you have black wheels. I'd recommend that you buy in case they fall during your offroading trips.

http://craftsuppliesforless.com/craftsupplies_rhinestonejewels.html

crystal%205mm%20rhinestones.jpg

whats so wrong with street locks that you don't want them?

I'll bet you 75% of the people with real beadlocks that are hammering the OP have no need whatsoever for beadlocks.

My $.02
How do you figure, if you airdown you "need" them.

its like fake carbon fiber, its just something men should not do...
its making something look like it does something, while not doing it.
lipstick on a pig.
its just unethical.
Actually, the street locks are worse then that. They make a truck preform worse then it would without them. A "street lock" rim weighs more then the same wheel without all that crap on the lip. Decreases acceleration, increases brake distance increases un-sprung weight. That's all good, right?

How do you figure, if you airdown you "need" them.
I can run 12 PSI on stock steel rims:D(but I don't play serious in the rocks)

well if you make a rim "kinda" like a streetlock its gonna do just the same as you mentioned tbburg! That is still what this thread is about, right?

I am very happy with my soft 8's and if i was gonna make some fake beadlocks I would just go ahead and make real ones too!

Back