• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 7.5 LA?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Does Rubicon no longer make this lift? I have a 4.5 short arm, and I know there is a 5.5" long arm (that nets more than 5.5), but I have seen in a few places a 7.5" lift from rubicon express, does it exist?

Yeah I noticed that, I'm guessing you can have them set it up for 7.5 inches with the aforementioned springs in front and some 2" blocks (which they sell) in the rear. I was just curious as to if they once or now make a kit that has the arms and belly pan setup in a different way such to handle 7.5"

IIRC, RE never had a 7.5" kit.

You could upgrade to 7.5" front springs with the 5.5" kit, but there was no "actual" 7.5" kit...

no!

I´ve made my "own" 7.5" kit with the 7.5" coil, the 5.5" leaves and longer shakles. Gives me around 7" with 2 heavy bumpers, winch, spare tire, roof rack and all the other stuff that jumped onto the vehicle.

Yeah my winch and bumper weigh the front down 1" on RE 4.5" coils and Rustys 6.5" coils, I have a 1.5" spacer that with the 7.5" coils will net me about 8". For the rear 8.5" would be best, how would the shackle relocation kit help that? Am I better off getting that than a revolver or boomerang shackle and block?

Would a shackle relocation make up for all that though? I think it would limit flex and make for a stiff ride wouldn't it?

it does the opposite, it increases flex by moving the frame end of the shackle forward and down. this creates a better schackle angle and lowers the shackle. a boomerange shackle is shaped for clearance not better shackle angle.

They have RE1358 7.5 front coils and fior the rear you use RE1461 5.5 leafpacks with the RE2705 shackles to get the lift

Back