• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

#1 plug burnt up

txcwby88

NAXJA Forum User
My wife was driveing my 96 jeep cher.it over heated got it cooled down got it home now it runs really ruff #1 fuel injector not working ,pulled #1plug and it was burnt up replaced plug still no fuel injector.any help?

find out why the injector is not spraying. check the wiring for damage and use a noid tool to check for a signal.

I,ve taken the head off and the gasket is bad but there is oil in the intake manifold I think the vaulve stuck but cooled off and unstuck they all seem to be fine how far do you think I should go with this ? Im without a job and am very tight on money so the cheepest rought I can go but I want it right.

oil in the intake could just be blow bye from the ccv system.

if you want it right, you may need to take the head to a machine shop to check for warpage and damage to the valve train.

thats my next step.TY 1. Does anyone know how to get the burnt oil out of the engine without tearing the whole thing down I got the head off and the oil pan off,the build up is really bad ,and the best thing to get it to break down with ? 2.Is there any way to clean the oil pump out? 2. will it hurt to leave the oil that is in the manafold will it just burn out or will it cause me a problem ?

Last edited:
Back