• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deaver Long Travel SUA Kit From Ruffstuff!

Dan Fredrickson

NAXJA Forum User
This is it! Finally a company making the complete kit! Several companies make some of the parts of this but we are making the whole kit and along the way we figured out a couple of ways to make them substantially stronger.

The spring under bracket needs to be stronger than what we have found available, I can't tell you who made them first but I first saw them 15 years ago for a Spring Under on a FJ40 Landcruiser. The problem was the Ubolts were still exposed and the sides would bend as they were first put on. We have added a bridge to "Complete" that very old design and then created the rest to go with it.

This is welded kit and comes with all the pieces to complete 1 axle left and right sides. You still must weld the Spring perch and the Ubolt plates to the axle. BTW, our Ubolts are all 5/8" Grade 8 with rolled threads and we provide hardened washers and hardened Tallnuts.
normal_8.8%20spring%20over%20complete.jpg

They are 1.75" deep on the bottom but take flat bottomed Ubolts so the threads can go up and not still be in the dirt and rocks and that makes it only 3/16" lower than your springs. They are made 2.5" wide in the spring area, only enough to allow a snug fit so if you lose the center pin it won't immediately fall apart on you. We make the perches slightly wider to add stability and fully rest the spring under the perch. On the integrated Ubolt Plate (It is permanently attached to the axle) we take further steps to assure a complete lockdown on the spring. The Ubolts are mounted 2 degrees inset on the Ubolt Plate bracket to hold tighter down low against the springs.

Here is an unwelded kit that can save you $50, all the pieces are there but you do all the welding......
normal_8.8%20spring%20over%20kit.jpg

And, you can also use the NAXJA discount on these and save some more. I will get some pics up of them on a truck ASAP but mine are linked so someone that wants one come buy and we'll take some pics!

This is the first of what we expect to be a long line of Desert Racing and Prerunning Suspension parts so you Jeepspeed guys should check our site regularly for more!

you can only run an XJ or TJ in 1700 so no spring under. 3700 on the other hand you can run any XJ, TJ, MJ, JK or J-Series jeep you want (at this time anyway) so a spring under would be allowed in this class.

Ahhhh, I see. I Need to brush up on my JS knowledge!

Back