• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Testing horns

jb660r

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get the horn working to pass inspection, it clicks behind the button when I press it, but now beep. I Have an extra horn I tried to test with a battery(neg cable to bracket, pos. to wire connection) but no noise either, I dont even think thast a good test, so I'm looking for some help. Like I said, when the button is pressed, I can hear a click in the wheel area, I'm going to try the relay today,93 no air bag if it matters. Thanks for the help.

Yeah thats what I tried, I used the neg jumper to the mounting bracket, and the pos. where the wire connects, and got nothing, I wasn't sure if I did it right though. So from your info, the horn I have on, and the extra are no good. Thanks for your help, I guess I'm on my way to buy a horn.

Just make sure that your ground (-) to the mounting bracket is getting current through the paint. Scrape, file, sandpaper, etc. I'd jam it right down on the negative battery post and jump the positive to the horn wire connector.

Back