• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installin tranny temp. gauge

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have it installed in the dash, i have the light wired up, but i just need to know where i can get the power, i want it so it turns on/off with the jeep, and the hardest part is where to i mount the sender, do i have to drill/tap a hole in the tranny?! and where?! any help would be awsome! thanks!

Last edited:
Do you have a tranny cooler?(tow package came with one) If so that is a easy spot to mount it, in the light going TO the cooler. Not as accurate as drilling and tapping the tranny somewhere but a heck of a lot easier and works!

im not sure, i have the internal tranny cooler in the rad., and i dont get what u mean?! sorry im dumb:D, and ya i didnt wanna drill and tap the transmission...

The transmission cooler splices into the lines. The sender splices into the line. There's a + lead coming from that to accessory power.

hhmmm ok, i saw the tranny lines , but no sender lines?!do u got a pic?!

Jeep034-1.jpg

Jeep035-1.jpg

Jeep031.jpg

Just one of many options.

oh! ok, thats not too bad.... thanks a lot:D!

now what should i use for the tread so it doesnt leak?!

and one more question.... what size fitting did u use?!

i got a autometer one it came with everything, i meant the t-fitting, because mine didnt come with one!

Back