• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can someone give me a quik recalculation for bigger tires?

Sleeper

NAXJA Forum User
Well i read you have to recalculate for bigger tires in your head for proper MPG's, well i have 31's on my 2000 XJ and was wondering if anybody knew or could tell me how to do this?

Thanks;)

Ik now i need a dif speedo gear but i wanted to know what % to add when trying to figure out my gas mileage problem to get a correct reading.

hrm... well, its going to be kind of hard. Your speedo gear is wrong, so your millage is wrong as well. You can't trust your odometer. I've never heard of trying to do the math to figure out the difference, but it would involve firguring out the % difference in the circumference of the tire and multiplying it times the millage you have.

So, if you got 200 Miles on your jeep, and your tire is 3% larger. You would have to multiply 200 * 1.03 and devide that by gallons used.

Are you tires ACTUALLY 31"? or is that just what they read on the side? For example, my tires are 33s but if you measure them, they are actually about 32.5"

Are stock tires 29"? I forget.

hrm... well, its going to be kind of hard. Your speedo gear is wrong, so your millage is wrong as well. You can't trust your odometer. I've never heard of trying to do the math to figure out the difference, but it would involve firguring out the % difference in the circumference of the tire and multiplying it times the millage you have.

So, if you got 200 Miles on your jeep, and your tire is 3% larger. You would have to multiply 200 * 1.03 and devide that by gallons used.

Are you tires ACTUALLY 31"? or is that just what they read on the side? For example, my tires are 33s but if you measure them, they are actually about 32.5"

Are stock tires 29"? I forget.
I think stock are 28 but don't quote me on that:callme: The 31's are BFG AT's so i believe they are actually 30.5 if i remember. I keep hearing people in threads ask if someone has calculated for thier bigger tires to get correct MPG's per tank or xxdxxgallons, i myself have filled up and have a 1.5 gallon can in back and plan to run it till it runs out completely the ncalculate for the tire difference and my real world MPG's. I have a problem with it now as i am getting 11 MPG'S and osmetimes 10.

Back