• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Drop Brackets...

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
So I've got my drop brackets installed and I'm running approx 4.75" of lift. The lower stock control arms sit pretty much flat which is nice because it gives a nice ride going down the road. For my sway bar endlinks I have Rusty's quick disconnects.

My problem is that the passenger side of the axle is pushed further forward than the drivers side. It's causing the drivers side spring to hit the sway bar if I hid a speed bump about 10 mph. The drivers side seems to be pretty centered but the passenger side is quite a bit further. Why is this?

The LCAs are all the way back in the drop brackets too. And all of the control arms are stock. I have adjustable uppers that I took off after i put the drop brackets on, but I guess I could put them back on and dial them back to shorter than stock. I just don't understand why it's so unsymmetrical.

I don't see why I need drop brackets when I have extended sway bar links? They're for 3-6 inches of lift...

Try rotating the spring a little, That may help

just fyi... sway bar relocation brackets are not compatable w/ oem front skid plates... (As well as being a booty-fab fix to a problem, i cannot wait to get rid of mine, looks like ass....)

I just don't understand why it's so unsymmetrical.

Its not the axle,its the body/frame.Thats just the way they built them,this same question comes up all the time after someone lifts their Jeep!

I just did this too. I had sway bar drop brackets and extended quick disconnects, so I took off the sway bar drop brackets, but my links are still really close so i am going to move the mounting points slightly forward and drill some holes. Also to move the arms back a little more you can remove the shims in the LCA mounts for another 1/2" or so.

i have a 6"ish lift and am thinking about ordering the drop brackets since they have the sale tonight will they work allright with my rustys 4.5" LCA's?

Measure them and check the chart that was posted to make sure. I would recommend getting some UCA's because the stock one fold pretty easy.

Back