• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange headlight issue

Rockslut

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 95 XJ with a new headlight issue. Lights have always worked fine with zero issues. I dont have any extra lights tied into the stock harness. Any auxiliary lighting is on its own circuit.

Pull the headlight switch and only the headlights come on. No tail lamps, interior lights or buzzer. Turn and brake lamps work fine. If I slowly pull the headlight switch out, right before the detent between parking lamps and headlights on, I can get the buzzer to work and all the lights to come on. I figured the headlight switch signed off and I just got another used one. Put that in and same thing. There is no guarantee the used one is good but it sure is strange they both do the exact same thing. All fuses check ok.

Any suggestion?

Sounds to me that if you can find a spot on the switch that turns on all the lights, then the circuits are fine and the switch is toast. Even the new to you (used) one.

Thats what I was thinking too. I just bought a new switch and havent put it in yet. I just noticed all of my gauges no longer work. Super. Anyone have a set of diagrams I can look at??

Back