• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 4.0 into a 1996 XJ

icemanii

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, my son has a line on a 2000 XJ 4.0L motor. His girlfriends jeep is a 1996 XJ. The donor motor is missing the TPS and water pump.
How much hassle is this going to be to put in? I'm thinking I have to change out the manifold? Will that take care of the no distributor to distributor problem? Or is this swap a big pain to do. Donor motor has "slight ticking sound" as discribed by the seller and was taken out at a dealership for a customer and replaced.
Don't know much about the XJ's, but have heard there is a problem with some of the motors from this year. Any and all help would be great before he gets us in over our heads. Thanks

As long as you use your sensors, and distributer it should drop right in. If the 2k had the precats, and Ox sensors on the exaust manafold you'll need to use your old one. If not you should be fine as long as it matches to the down pipe.

scoobyxj said:
As long as you use your sensors, and distributer it should drop right in. If the 2k had the precats, and Ox sensors on the exaust manafold you'll need to use your old one. If not you should be fine as long as it matches to the down pipe.

Thanks for the help. Will hopefully start on it this weekend.

Back