• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing New Trac Bar

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So my christmas present came early today. RR HD adjustable trac bar with frame mount. Now i have been reading a bit and have one question. ATM, i have a trac bar relocation bracket on the axle side of the trac bar. When i go to put the new trac bar on, am i going to have a problem mounting the new trac bar using the stock bolt with the hole being drilled out to accept the relocation bracket?

so the hole in the stock mount has been enlarged? if yes, then you will have a problem if your new bar uses the stock bolt size.

you could drill the sleeve in the bushing of the new trackbar or weld the holes in the mount and drill to stock size. could weld a patch over the hole and redrill.

I would drive the Jeep to a machine, welding or automotive shop and have them cut a piece of metal, weld it to and drill a new hole in the stock bracket. Those factory brackets are too thin to begin with. A shop can cut a piece of metal and have it welded up while you wait and it shouldnt be too expensive. That would be the preferred method of fixing your problem

I would drive the Jeep to a machine, welding or automotive shop and have them cut a piece of metal, weld it to and drill a new hole in the stock bracket. Those factory brackets are too thin to begin with. A shop can cut a piece of metal and have it welded up while you wait and it shouldnt be too expensive. That would be the preferred method of fixing your problem

Or a buddy with a welder and some competency with it could. It's a pretty easy fix, many here have done it.

Well i have about 3 days off and i want to get this done, Im so sick of the popping from my stock trac bar. Now im wanting to take this thing off tonight and get ready to try and install it tomorrow. When i installed the lift with the trac bar relocation bracket, my buddy did it for me, so im not sure if he drilled out the stock hole or what. But if he did, would the stock trac bar axle mount hold up fine if i just drilled a new hole to except the stock bolt size for the new trac bar? or will it honestly weaken it that much? Also why would the hole need to be bigger on a relocation bracket?

He probably just drilled another hole and moved it over, seems to be common practice for small lifts while utilizing the stock tracbar.

I don't see what enlarging the original hole would do besides allowing you to use a larger bolt.

He probably just drilled another hole and moved it over, seems to be common practice for small lifts while utilizing the stock tracbar.

I don't see what enlarging the original hole would do besides allowing you to use a larger bolt.

unless the sleeve in the track bar didn't also accept the larger bolt.

Back