• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clutch engagement question?

dieseljunkie

NAXJA Forum User
the clutch in my 01 cherokee doesn't grab until the pedal is almost at the top of it's stroke, theh clutch, throwout bearing are new and the flywheel has been resurfaced. could this be a problem with my slave cylinder or is this just natural? any help would be great thanks.

My initial reaction is that too much material was removed from the flywheel. My 94 FSM claims the flywheels are not resurfaceable, and have a contoured surface.

Second reaction would be to check the hydraulics. Between my Heep and my CTD, I'm starting to think that there's a lot of problems attributed to clutch disk, pressure place, and throwout bearing that are really in the hydraulic cylinders.

And, no, it's not natural. You should have engagement much closer to the floor. If it's not engaging until near the top of the pedal, you probably don't have full pressure on the assembly.

Back