• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB install/ new battery cables

playwithit

NAXJA Forum User
Did Airlockers/D44 rear and changed out the battery cables on the Jeep. All Fun projects. ARB make a great product. Very easy to work with.

Here's a few pictures.

The cables are #1 welding cable with soldered lugs.
Jeep013.jpg

Jeep014.jpg

The ARB Compressor (CKMA12) was designed awesome. Made the installation pleasant, with lots of options to decide from.
Jeep015.jpg
Jeep016.jpg

Dana 44 with plumbing.
Jeep025.jpg
Jeep021-1.jpg
Switch mounting.
Jeep018.jpg

Looks nice. Any trick to getting the wiring to the switches up there? I was thinking about using the ashtray

Looks nice. Any trick to getting the wiring to the switches up there? I was thinking about using the ashtray

Pull the gauge bezel (4 screws, or 6, i forget) and the panel his switches are on sits behind it - where the OEM clock would go if equipped. 3 screws to remove that panel and then drill some holes in it, install.

I use that same spot for switches.

switches1.JPG

Where the clock would be was easy with lots of room. The relocation and of ulti. outlet a little tougher. The compressor switch is mounted where the lighter was. There is not much room, but if you center the switch it works perfect.

Does anyone think there will be a problem with the way this fuse is mounted?
Jeep026.jpg

It's a 175A Mega Fuse, they are used with Ford vehicles.

where do you get those accessory hook ups? and what are they called?
x2

and no i dont think you will have a problem with that fuse. I would cover it myself but either way i think its fine.

Or just get an ANL fuse holder like this:

13969.gif

You can order it online or get it from 5-90. Thats just like what i use for mine.

x2

and no i dont think you will have a problem with that fuse. I would cover it myself but either way i think its fine.

Or just get an ANL fuse holder like this:

13969.gif

You can order it online or get it from 5-90. Thats just like what i use for mine.
Ya, I actually have one of those coming. Just wasn't sure where I wanted to mount it.

The first post shows the fuse with the factory cover.

Back