• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x10.5x15 Bfg's on 4" of lift

mbogosia

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ with 3.55 gears. I also have 15 x 8 Canyon wheels. Right now I have 4" of lift. Fenders are at 21" and 21.5" from center of wheels. I found a good deal on some barely used BFG MT's that are 33x10.5x15. Will I be able to make these work? I don't mind doing some trimming, but I don't want to be rubbing steering components or anything.

Do a member search for Mecompco. He runs 3.5" lift with those same tires. His posts will lead to many pics of this combination. He does run 4.56 gears, as most guys do.

I'm watching those same tires. By the way, BFG Mud Terrains have 19/32 new.

I run same size but AT's on 4.5" of lift with plenty of room to spare. that is with trimming tho, front and rear.
trimming and/or bumpstop and you'll be just fine.

I've got those tires on a 4.5" lift - a key part is reduced backspacing on the rims though. I'm running 15x7 AR767 rims with 4" backspacing, so the rims are moved 1.25" farther out than stock.

Even at 4.5" lift, I had some rubbing issues especially up front. That's with a 4.5" RE6130 and Drop Brackets. I'd already cut the front opening slightly for my BPI bumper, but the tires were rubbing into the stock flare and inner liner while turning and driving over speedbumps...something had to change.

I dropped the inner liners, cut the fenders and put some repainted TJ flares on. With a few mods, I've reattached one of the inner fender liners already, so it certainly cuts down on wind coming in through the hinges. At -5* the other night, that is very appreciated. There is no rubbing any more, and the rims ensured there was never any problem rubbing on the body or control arms. I also picked up a wicked tight turning radius; I can do a full u-turn in most 2-lane streets with room to spare.

flare_4.jpg

That's a mockup before I painted the flares. They're now Krylon Fusion Black like the lower portion of the Jeep.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Here is mine with 4" maybe 4.5" trimming f/r and no bumpstoping
Hollister015.jpg

Hollister011.jpg

Hollister013.jpg

Here is how my fenders are cut. In these two I am sitting at 5.25" with the same 33's so you wont have as room.
Hollister039.jpg

Hollister041.jpg

I did it! This is the most happy I have been about the look of my jeep since I have had it. It looks like I could use another inch or so of lift up front, but I'm not worrying about it for now. I also sold my old tires while I was at the shop getting these put on. Couldn't have been better luck.

DSC03591.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

much more aggressive, looks nice! Dang it...ive got inch-itus...ive only got 31's. Looks like you have a slight rake to it, rear is a bit higher (not a bad thing thou). you ready to hit those mud pits by your house yet? ive got a tow strap if you get stuck!

you just gained 1.5" of ground clearance, enjoy it! may want to look into bumpstops so your tires dont hit the fenderflares. Hows the clearances while turning? Any rubbing?

Yeah, I'm getting a bit of rubbing. I need to do some trimming this weekend. I already have spacers up front with zj springs, so I'll have to figure out what to do to get that extra inch or so.

Back