• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cold Start

totalvideo2

NAXJA Forum User
It has been uncharacteristically cold where i live and and i tried to start my jeep this morning 88 straight six, my jeep turned over, but immediatlly died three times. when i got it to start it was running at 4-5 hundred rpms and the lights were fading as the idle shook. After which i started driving the jeep was very hesitant and laging behind my foot... If anybody has any ideas please help me

It has been uncharacteristically cold where i live and and i tried to start my jeep this morning 88 straight six, my jeep turned over, but immediatlly died three times. when i got it to start it was running at 4-5 hundred rpms and the lights were fading as the idle shook. After which i started driving the jeep was very hesitant and laging behind my foot... If anybody has any ideas please help me

Sounds like the battery is on it's last legs.

Definitely load test your battery as RichP mentioned. Your 4.0 does NOT like it when available battery voltage is low and it can create symptoms such as you are describing. Start there.

I have the same problem and mines an 89 with the 4.0. I just went out to a buddys burn pyle and found a peice of ceder lattice that was long enough to wedge into the pedal and seat. ;) I don't know what's causing it when it's cold. Besides with the flowmaster and low idle it sounds like I have a really lumpy cam.;) I thought it may be that I still have a 160* stat but I don't think so.

Parakeet

Back