• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

happy as hell threw another tps...

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
f*** rain, been 2 weeks and some change and the jeep gets its brand new tps wet and walah its dead it needs another one, is there any way to dry out, this new one?!

that's strange...i've had my jeep with water over the hood too many times to count and sitting in it, not just running thru it, no probs with the tps or any sensors. perhaps ther's an underlying issue causing ur bad tps?

I know for a fact that TPS's hate water, but not sure if you can waterproof them... Do you have hood louvers or missing splash guards that allow an unusual amount of water into the engine compartment? If it was me, I might try packing dielectric grease around the lever to see if I could keep moisture out that way...

i have lebaron hood, vents and its pouring cats and dogs right now, and water goes right into the engine compartment, i have never had this issue before, with them but now its happening...

i have lebaron hood, vents and its pouring cats and dogs right now, and water goes right into the engine compartment, i have never had this issue before, with them but now its happening...

Simple and cheap fix. Go to any sign shop (or maybe even a craft store) and cut 2 rectangles of magnetic sign sheets to fit. I got some from a buddy who has a sign business for $15. They are even strong enough to leave on when driving. Keeps rain and snow out without any problems.

hmm ok sounds easy enough! or just need the dam rain to go away, so is there any luck for the tps or is it dead once water gets it?!

Remove the TPS and rinse in alcohol.
Blow out excess moisture with compressed air (LOW psi!).
Place in warm oven, IE: ~200 degrees f.
Should dry out OK in 30 mins.

oh ok il keep this in mid, i found out i have a 1 year warrenty and kragen is gonna replace it for free:)!

Back