• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding, how to protect my yoke??

sWissfoo

NAXJA Forum User
ok i finally have my axle apart. im looking for some adivce on how to protect my yoke, i have plenty of steel. i have some ideas, but im looking for some extra help.i have a D30 with modified 1/4 LCA mounts and modified UCA mounts, with modified TB mount/Hydralic steering. so room is limited...

thanks zac:read:

So,whats your question??????????

Wait wait wait, you have a dana 30 with hydro? Can you say overkill? What are your arms sore from trying to use regular powersteering for those 35's?

I have never really hit my front yoke hard enough to damage it, you do have a HP 30 right?

-Alex

so no one has protection for there yoke?? i have some angled tubing, which i was thinking of puting under the yoke's. ive spent way to much on my axles and driveshafts not to have them protected. keep in mind i cant weld to the diff. the rear should be easier. i need help on force coming from the bottom, which would push up on the angled tubing....

If your talking about a slider,you shouldn't need to do any welding on the pumkin.
NTH24203.jpg

Last edited:
yea i wouldnt weld anythign in there permanantly so you can still get at your u joints to change them.

Just throw a welding blanket or even an old towel over it while you weld, that should be fine.

huh?

You need a slider you can remove, which someone already posted. I addidionally agree that you should not weld anything there for ease of axle joint changes.

huh?

You need a slider you can remove, which someone already posted. I addidionally agree that you should not weld anything there for ease of axle joint changes.

He said he was welding and wanted to protect the yoke, as near as I could understand from his highly detailed post.

Back