• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which rims and tires - opinions needed

snowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running 32x11.5x15 bfg at's on aluminum 15x8 rims. I also have a set of gold grand cherokee 16x7 or 8 with 265/75/16 with 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I am going to a mild mud tire year round but live in Buffalo,NY so don't want to go to wide because it will suck in snow on streets. The vehicle is a 2000 xj sport with 5" lift and cut fenders. So what I am trying to chose between is 33/12.5/15 on the aluminum rims or 285/75/16 on grand cherokee aluminum rims. So which would you go with and why?

i would go with the aluminum rims you have on there now. do not go with wheel spacers. i've seen the lugs snap off them before. safer to go with rims with more less bs than a spacer.

Have you considered 33x10.5's on your stock rims? I've been running BFG MT's in that combination on a 5.5" lift for years and am very happy with them. They'd cut through the snowy streets better than the 12.5's and still wheel well in my opinion.

Back