• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SO WHATS THE BEST BALL JOINT TO GET???

paulie5982

NAXJA Forum User
HEY ALL,

I WAS WONDERING WHO KNOWS THE BEST BALL JOINT TO BUY? I SEEM TO WRECK THEM PRETTY QUICK, AND THE WASTED MONEY AND TIME IS GETTING A LITTLE ANNOYING!! MOOG IS SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD, I DISSAGREE. SO NOW WHAT??

capslock.jpg

If not Moog, then Spicer :dunno:
Billy

i toasted both upper and lower OEM spicers on one side in 4 months. im running lower moog problem solvers now on a different axle, gonna put new uppers in when spring rolls around.

I run dana spicers and they normally last me a few months. They are the best oem ones ive found.

I run dana spicers and they normally last me a few months. They are the best oem ones ive found.
I have napa premiums, a little pricey, but good since last october and stil no play. 20% daily driver

i think i run dana/spicer heavy dutys

its either that or moog heavy duty's whichever offers a heavy duty option for a dana44. been fine for about a year and come with these blingin blue dust seals

HEY ALL,

I WAS WONDERING WHO KNOWS THE BEST BALL JOINT TO BUY? I SEEM TO WRECK THEM PRETTY QUICK, AND THE WASTED MONEY AND TIME IS GETTING A LITTLE ANNOYING!! MOOG IS SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD, I DISSAGREE. SO NOW WHAT??

What tires,wheels,and backspace are you running?

I've run moog, spicer, napa, crown..

Spicer hands down last the longest. Moog is a close second. I have killed a couple of sets of crowns in a single run.

I probably average 1-1.5 years on a set of spicers, pushing 35's with lets call it 'mild' abuse on my rig.

I broke a balljoint (jumped my rig) and replaced only one side with crown balljoints, so I had my 'old' spicers in one side, and crown in the other. Wore the crown out, replaced them with napa. Wore those out, replaced them with moog. The moog are starting to wear out, but the original spicers in the other side are still in pretty good shape.

I have a new set of spicer balljoints sitting on the shelf now, waiting for a warm day.

Back