• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats

Miah

NAXJA Forum User
The driver seat on my 01 xj is mostly broken off the tracks and is at a point that is almost unbearable to sit in... I've been having a hard time finding an original seat to replace it with. My question is what seats (if any) from other models would be easily installed in its place?

Thanks

ZJ's and WJ's have been installed. Use the search and you'll find a bunch of writeups

Yeah i have the same problem. I have a 99 and i broke the original one, and the one i replaced it with is breaking too! I have to sit like sideways it is incredibly uncomfortable.

I got a pair of buck seats at JC whitney for $170... but they were a bare to put in. Had to make my own brackets and pound away the pumkin to make room.

or take it to an apolstry(sp) shop and they should be able to reweld frame and add new cushion if needed.

I put ZJ seats in my 99 and am very pleased at the difference. They seem to be better built and do offer more cushion. They only took 20 minutes at the most to pull the XJ ones out and put the ZJ in. Plus they only cost me 12 a piece at a pull a part yard.

Back