• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sales tax, OR vs WA? I may need a 'buyer'

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Does either state have a sales tax, and if yes, which is lower?

Do any of you have a favorite outdoor equipment shop that sells Stihl saws? If so, I may need a favor...

Thanks

Oregon does not have sales tax...Washington does...and it varries based on country but where I live it's 8.9%. However, I believe Oregon has income tax, Washington does not. I'm buddies with a guy who's dad owns a Stihl dealership too...hope it helps.

~Scott

Oregon does not have sales tax...Washington does...and it varries based on country but where I live it's 8.9%. However, I believe Oregon has income tax, Washington does not. I'm buddies with a guy who's dad owns a Stihl dealership too...hope it helps.

~Scott

Scott that helps a lot. 8.9% is an incentive to shop south of the border... but.

Stihl NW region has had a 'special' on MS650 wrap-handle saws that we can't get back east. Apparantly they made a bunch too many (or StNW spoke for a bunch too many) and they are more or less trying to unload them out there in WA, OR, ID, and maybe Nor Cal.

The company policy is dealers are not allowed to sell 'over the phone or internet' and the equipment sold is supposed to be started & delivered to the customer "just ran". Not a bad business policy at all... and one I can respect.

I'd be possibly looking for someone to take delivery of a new saw, pack it up really well, and ship it east.

hey woody, if you can find someone within the next week, let me know, and since i'm heading east anyhow, if you can wait till the beginning of january, we can meet halfway somewhere between GA and the carolinas.

I can make a phone call tonight or tomorrow and see if my friends dad will do a favor for me...I'll see if he'll just sell it over the phone for ya or something. If not, you could persuade me to pack her and ship it to ya.

~Scott

No need to bother the folks tonight ;) but I appreciate it. I doubt they would sell over the phone to a stranger anyway (I wouldn't jeopardize my franchise over it, please don't ask him to...) OTOH I need someone who could be my agent... (I suppose that's what you'd call it.)

Scott, if you can, call and ask what is the out-the-door price on a MS650, powerhead only. Not a 'friend' price, just the ongoing discounted price (they may be as low now as they could go?) I'd appreciate it.

hey woody, you figure anything out man? lemme know

Re:Day late and a dollar short.

Well I snoozed and losed on this deal. Missed it by >< that much. It had been 'on sale' since February, so I have absolutely no excuse. I'll snag a similar one locally.

Thanks to all who offered to help.

Back