• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mud flaps

NickThePyro

NAXJA Forum User
I got a ticket for not having them and I need to get some installed before Friday. What options do I have?

Thanks,
Nick

They give out tickets for not having mud flaps?!!!!! man that sucks, how much lift and tire size are you running?

Cop must have been having bad day!

our cops dont care about flaps, but flares well thats another story!

I have bushwackers on and my jeep is one of the most street legal lifted XJs I have ever seen.
whata dick, didja tell him u were on your way home to bake him a batch of lovely hero cookies?

cops are the only people that can get high on themselves!

The NAPA's up here carry napa branded semi truck flaps. they're pretty cheap and you could probably use one flap cut in half.

x2 on the cheap fix, the local autozone here carries box sets of bolt on rubber flaps for some where around the $10-15 range. they bolt on in minutes and that sucks they'll bust you for that. i drive around with out flares and my tires stick out a good 1"1/2 they will only crack down when you drive near the school zones....where the car wash is

If you have wackers and want just a quick fix, get the big rig flaps, trim them down, and drill a couple holes on the inside of your flare that is running by your tread and just zip tie them on to get the fix it ticket off, then get the rocky road removable set for a more perm fix.

mac

Where I live you must have mud flaps and cover the tread with flares. I made a set of mudflaps held on with 1 bolt, it gives coverage and takes about 45 seconds to either remove or put on. It,s late and I just got home so if you like I,ll take a picture and post it up tomorrow. You need a welder and 4 bolts and a couple pieces of scrap metal.

Back