• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'93 Grand transmission

bburton86

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting a '93 Grand Cherokee transmission into my '96 Cherokee. Can I use the neutral safety switch from my '96 or do I have to get one for the '93?

I would use the one I got with the '93 trans but the wire harness was pulled off somewhere at the junkyard so I went back and got the old neutral safety switch off of mine. But it didn't work.

So neither NSS that I have works. The NSS off the '93 the wire harness is gone, on the '96 the junkyard might have cracked it when they pulled it off for me the second time I went there.

Which should I go after? A new wire harness for the '93 or go back to the junkyard and try and get them to work something out either with a different NSS or something along those lines?

I'd probably patch up the harness for the one you already have, since you know it worked. Just be sure to not do anything irreversible, since you're probably going to have to replace the thing yet again sooner or later.

Since you have the two units, you can probably use the good harness off of the one with the broken shell to patch up the one with the blown wiring harness, and leave the vehicle wiring alone.

Then, I'd like to talk to you about getting the old bits when you're done, since I've got a few ideas I'm still working on...

Back