• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edelbrock Xtreme Resorvoirs or Fox Racing

profonde

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys,

I saw these edelbrock extreme series shocks with resorvoirs. and i also know that fox racing is offering direct replacement shocks for cherokee(with resorvoirs). anybody have experience with those?? i will use them for racing. Do they also offer them in different valve settings??

Thanks

I have only had experience with Edelbrock IAS shocks on my Ford Exploder once. Really great shocks for street and mild offroad. FOX is definitely a very excellent mfr of racing shocks so I would vote for those. FOX or KING or even Bilstein

ive have very good luck with bilstein 7100's. They can also unstall a 9/16" heim on the shock shaft if you want to run your front lower shock mount off the control arm bracket in a double shear configuration. Ive found that 255/100 works great for high speed stuff but you could go alittle stiffer depending on what sprigns you have. (might want to use more rebound if your goign with a stiff spring)

You should be looking at bypass shocks for racing purposses. You need a position sensitive shock to handle the large changes in spring rate through the range of travel an off-road race car.

Back