• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear disc brake kit???

yeah I am rarely on here so I just thought I would throw it out there cause I like the conversation....

and I rarely have good luck with the search engine on this forum......

i just did this to mine a few weeks ago cost me 100 bucks took apart a d44 from a 97 zj just go to your local junk yard any year zj will work

x a bunch on the ZJ discs
I did it on mine. Haven't replaced softlines or done the prop valve yet, love the brakes + easier to work on and more reliable than drums. Cheaper than a kit & depending on your axle, no harder to install.

ZJ discs for sure. Hell of alot cheaper, even if you have to buy the whole D44A.
don't even need the 44, some 35's came with disks too

It's a decent kit, and when you consider that everything in the kit is new, it's not a bad deal (2 new rotors, 2 new calipers & pads, 2 new backing plates with e-brake shoes/hardware, 2 new caliper brackets and hardware, 2 new hoses).

You need to decide if you want new in a box, or used and have to remove yourself.

i paid 80 bux at a pick a part of my prop valve, backing plate, calipers, e-brake cables, and brake lines off a zj...

figure another 100 or so for rotors and pads...and you're in business for under 200....

Try half-ton Chevy brakes. Very inexpensive. I think the entire swap cost under $150 without the rotors. They are easy to replace and you can find them everywhere.

i paid 80 bux at a pick a part of my prop valve, backing plate, calipers, e-brake cables, and brake lines off a zj...

figure another 100 or so for rotors and pads...and you're in business for under 200....

You should use those calipers as cores and get some reman ones. Or at least, rebuild the calipers you have.

And ZJ e-brake cables are too short. You can modify your XJ cables or get some KJ cables.

I have heard that you have to do some sort of Brake booster or something?? Is this true? If so were do I get one? thanks for all the good coments.

Ok, I'm game since no one has asked this... What axle? 8.25 go with ZJ, D44 go with Explorer/crown vic with ZJ rotors. I did a write up on converting a D44 with Explorer. With either set, you'll need either rubicon retainers (8.25) or Tera spacers (D44). You could redrill the rubi retainers, but the cost is about the same as the Tera spacers.

I used crown vic parts on my dana 44, did it all for about $100! the pads and rotors were brand new on the car I got them from so I didn't have to buy new!I got the calipers, pads, rotors and backing plates for $50

Back